The Kent GOP and 2nd Congressional District Republican Committee is sponsoring "Project Bleed Red" which is a blood drive with Versiti (Blood Center of MI) on Tuesday, December 28th. The drive will be at Distinctive Catering located at 4945 Division Ave S Grand Rapids, MI 49548.
Here are some quick facts:
- On average we need 100 pints daily for our Kent County hospitals.
- 1 in 7 patients entering the hospital will need blood.
- Blood donors are urgently needed to help ensure life-saving blood is available for those who need it. One donation has the power to save 3 lives.
- There is no substitute for human blood. Hospitals rely on the generosity of communities to provide blood.
- There is a high need for blood donations during the holidays!
COVID-19 vaccination questions? If you have received the vaccine, ok to donate as long as you wait 48 hours after receiving the vaccine.
Not vaccinated? It’s ok to donate!
The entire process for donating blood takes about an hour from start to finish. This includes the following:
- Registration: You’ll sign in, show your ID (driver’s license, state-issued ID, student ID card, passport, visa or green card) and be asked to read over some information.
- Health history: Answer questions online or in a private interview and receive a mini physical.
- Donation: You’ll be seated in a comfortable chair while a pint of blood is drawn. This typically takes about 10 minutes.
- Refreshments: After donating, enjoy a snack and a drink while you relax for 10-15 minutes.
After your blood is collected, it’s sent for a series of tests and if it passes all these tests, it’s safe for patients. Typically, blood is available for use 24-48 hours following donation.
Please consider scheduling your appointment today! Michigan patients need your help!
4945 Division Ave S
Grand Rapids, MI 49548