Kent County Republican Convention
There shall be a meeting of duly elected Precinct Delegates and At-Large Delegates to the County Convention at 7:00 pm on Thursday, January 21, 2021 virtually through Zoom. Details for the Zoom call will be sent to delegates the week of the January Convention.
The purpose of this meeting shall be to elect Delegates and Alternates to the February 6, 2021 State Convention. The purpose of the State Convention is as follows:
- Receiving reports of the election in the fourteen (14) congressional district caucuses of:
- 14 Congressional District Chairs (1 per congressional district) and the other officers;
- 98 members of the Michigan Republican Party State Committee (one of whom shall be the Congressional District Chair) (7 per congressional district);
- 14 Convention Vice Chairs (1 per congressional district);
- 14 Assistant Secretaries (1 per congressional district)
- The election of:
- one (1) State Chair
- one (1) Co-Chair
- one (1) Coalitions Vice-Chair
- one (1) Outreach Vice-Chair
- one (1) Grassroots Vice- Chair
- one (1) Ethnic Vice-Chair
- one (1) Administrative Vice-Chair
- one (1) Youth-Vice Chair
If you wish to be a delegate to the February State Republican Convention, you must submit your intent to the Chairman. Please submit your name and other required information by CLICKING HERE or email the chair’s designee, Luke Arends, at [email protected] Names must be submitted before Wednesday, January 20 at 5pm. Please note that in order to participate, you must have a Zoom account and either a computer, smartphone, or tablet device. If you do not have a Zoom account or one of these devices, please contact Kent GOP Political Director Mike Sullivan and he will make the proper arrangements in order for you to participate. He can be reached at [email protected] 616-459-0141.
ONLY Precinct Delegates duly elected at the August 4, 2020 Primary Election, the most recent Republican nominees for County and State Legislative offices, the Michigan Congressional Delegation, the Republican National Committeeman and National Committeewoman from Michigan, and Michigan Republican Party Officers where such person resides in the county will be seated and considered eligible to vote at this convention.
Kent GOP Chairman
Grand Rapids, MI