The Kent GOP is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where a willingness to learn and work hard will be rewarded with a one-of-a-kind learning experience. The Kent GOP is the official Republican Party of Kent County, Michigan, and we are one of the largest and most organized county parties in the nation. Our mission is to elect and support Republican candidates, while providing opportunities for conservative-minded individuals to share and promote our ideas. Our intern program is key to our success, in both election and off-election years.
We offer unpaid internships, but students are given opportunities beyond what typical internships provide. Along with basic office management tasks, such as answering the phone and light filing, interns will be directly interacting with candidates, activists and donors. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, interns will have the opportunity to gain hands-on learning experience in areas like communications, fundraising, political operation, event management and more.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working, curious, flexible, resourceful, conservative-minded college students. If you are looking to build your network, gain experience in campaigns and elections, and have an unforgettable summer – this is the internship for you!
- Minimum three days a week, 9 am to 4 pm, in the office or in the field
- Flexibility on weekends and evenings
- Reliable transportation
- Honesty, respect, positive attitude required; political science background preferred; prior campaign experience not necessary
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions? Email Luke or call at 616-459-0141.
Daily Tasks and Ongoing Projects
Our office is dynamic and fast-paced, so the tasks listed below are a framework of responsibilities – each intern’s experience will be slightly different depending on availability and skillset.
- Answer phones, greet visitors, check mail
- Assist with meeting set-up and tear-down, basic office clean-up, etc.
- Update/Maintain Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Website
- Assist with regular and special events (set up and tear down, list management, mailings, etc.)
- Assist with outreach to candidates and volunteers
- Assist Executive Director and Chairman as needed
If interested: please contact Luke Arends by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 616-459-0141.